Trip of the Day: Mykines
Mykines - the bird paradise
The journey starts in the reception at Hotel Føroyar at 8:00 or by meeting us at the ferry port in Sørvágur at 9:00. From Hotel Føroyar you will be transported to Sørvágur where the boat Jósup boat will sail you to Mykines, past Drangarnir and Tindhólmur. We will also see Bø, Gásadalur and the famous waterfall Múlafossur. The sail to Mykines takes approx. 40 minutes. On Mykines you will get a guided tour around the island where you will get to see the best puffin spots. During the tour you will enjoy a nice packed lunch, while surrounded by the most beautiful nature. Afterwards we will head back to the lovely village of Mykines where you will get to enjoy a nice cup of coffee or tea at a local café.
Dates: Every Friday from 1st of May to 31st of August
Pick-up: Hotel Føroyar at 8:00
Duration: 7 hours
Difficulty: Easy to moderate
Tour end: Hotel Føroyar
Price: DKK 2.200,- per person
- Transport from Hotel Føroyar to location (bus and boat)
- Lunch pack
- Local Guide
- Sightseeing & birdwatching
- Hiking fee
- Coffee or tea at a local café
What to bring:
- Good hiking boots
- Clothes according to weather
- If the weather does not allow us out to Tindhólmur, you will be offered an exciting plan B. You decide yourself if you want to participate or get a refund.
- If the trip/event is cancelled due to weather or other circumstances, you will get a full refund.
- If you cancel your booking 24 hours or more before the event you will get a full refund.
- If you choose to cancel you booking in less than 24 hours before the trip/event there will be no refund.